Once you've created your Globus account, you can link it to your My.UNL account and thereafter use your InCommon/CILogon campus credentials to log in to Globus (giving you one less account to keep track of).
- Log in to your Globus account (or create one first, if you haven't).
- Select 'Manage Identities' from the pull-down menu under your user name.
- Click on '+ add linked identity' → 'Add Single Sign-On Identity', and select 'InCommon / CILogon' from the list of options. Click 'Proceed'.
On the next screen, select 'University of Nebraska-Lincoln' as the identity provider, and then select 'Log On'.
- You will be redirected to a My.UNL login page. Enter your NU campus credentials and click 'LOG IN'.
- Finally, you will be directed back to your Globus account home page, and you should see the message that 'Your Globus account has been successfully linked to your InCommon / CILogon account and can now be used'.
From now on you can log in to Globus with just your NU campus credentials. To log in, do the following:
- Go to the Globus sign in page.
- If 'InCommon / CILogon' is not already chosen as the default identity provider, select it from the list of options under the 'alternate login' link.
Then click 'Proceed' and select the University of Nebraska-Lincoln from the list of institutions. Then click 'Log On'.
- You will be redirected to the My.UNL login page. Enter your NU campus credentials and then 'LOG IN'. (You might instead be directed to your Globus account - essentially skipping this step - if you have recently entered your campus credentials to log on to Globus).