A Globus Connect group is simply a group of individual Globus users. Groups are useful when you want to create a shared endpoint and give the same permissions to several different users. To create a group, you simply choose a group name and invite whomever you want to join. You will have complete control over the group enrollment as well as the role and status of each member.
- To get started, select the 'Groups' tab at the top of your Globus home page. Click on 'Create New Group >>' in the bottom left-hand corner of the page.
- Once you have entered a unique group name and description, click 'Create Group'.
- To invite Globus users to join the group, select the group name from the 'My Groups' tab on the left-hand side of the page. Then select the 'Members' tab on the right. Click the link to 'Invite more people?'.
- You will be able to enter the invitee's email address directly (under the 'Email' tab), or search for them using their Globus user name (under the 'Search' tab). Once you have entered or selected the user, click the 'Send Invitations' button.
- Once the user responds to the invitation, you will still need to approve their membership by selecting the 'awaiting approval' message under the group's 'Home' tab. The 'Member Details' window will pop up. Select the 'Role & Status' tab and click 'Accept'.